The New Year is approaching (How fast has this year gone) it’s time to up your LinkedIn game for the new year.
We’ve shared our 3 key tips to improve your business on LinkedIn.
A few facts on LinkedIn:
- LinkedIn operates the world’s largest professional network on the Internet with more than 467 million members in over 200 countries and territories.
- Professionals are signing up to join LinkedIn at a rate of more than two new members per second.
- There are more than 40 million students and recent college graduates on LinkedIn. They are LinkedIn’s fastest-growing demographic.
So how can you use LinkedIn to help your business?
1) Share relevant content using Published post.
What’s great about LinkedIn is everyone’s from within different industries, meaning we all have expertise in different areas, so why not share them? With LinkedIn published post you can share your knowledge in blog format with all your connections. People love free tips, advice and articles- so this is a great way to build relationships with your connections, if people see you posting relevant and interesting posts you come across as more approachable. Using your LinkedIn to its full potential is key!
2) Build your connections.
Are you attending any networking or meetings? Do you swap business cards with people, return to the office and leave the business cards lying around? Well, don’t! You need to build the relationships with the people you come across straight after meeting them. After your networking or meeting ensure you take action with the people you meet. Connecting with them on LinkedIn is a great way to start building that relationship.
3) Join LinkedIn groups.
LinkedIn Groups provide a place for professionals in the same industry or with similar interests to share content, make business contacts, and establish themselves as industry experts. Join groups that interest you, it’s a great way to get talking to like-minded people. So what do you do once you’ve joined a group?
- Engage in the discussions, don’t just sit back and not interact with the others in the group. Make sure you have some input- you’re your opinions could benefit others.
- Post your own questions, start the discussion! There may be some topics you could learn more about, make the most of LinkedIn groups by learning from others.
- Most important, DON’T SPAM! Learn the difference between having a conversation with others and spamming them. Conversations build relationships, spamming ruins any chance of building relationships.
Have you got any LinkedIn tips? Share them in the comments below!