Beth Henry tells us about the secrets to promoting your business on Instagram!
Instagram is a great social media platform to get you and your business out there, with its visual elements you need to ensure you are posting the right content in order for it to succeed. I’m going to share a few top tips for using Instagram for business and how to stay consistent with it.
Firstly, you need to think about the content you are going to post. Unlike Facebook and Twitter, your posts can’t just include text and links, they need to be based on imagery or videos.
So, how can you come up with imagery to post regularly on Instagram?
It’s simple, you need to plan. Planning content in advance is a great way to ensure you are keeping on top of it and it ensures you aren’t spending too much time each day coming up with ideas on what to post. Create your posts in bulk and add them to a word document so you can plan each day and see how well the posts look when they are all together.
So, what should you be posting on Instagram?
Your posts should reflect you and your brand and should be interesting to others, the key to Instagram is to always upload good quality images that look professional, don’t upload blurry, dull images as this doesn’t look good for your brand.
Take a look at a few ideas below that you could include in your Instagram posts:
- Event images: If you’re running an event or attending an event, create a graphic before the event to let people know about it. Use your branded colours and include key information on it
- Event images on the day: Take photos when you are at the event and share themon Instagram including the
- Tips: Create branded graphics sharing your top tips. People love free advice!
- Behind the scenes: Make your social media personal, share images of behind the scenes at your business. This could be images of your office, your staff etc
- National awareness days: Celebrating national pizza say? Share an image of your favourite pizza!
- Video: Video content is becoming more and more popular. Create a 30-second video, this could be tips, your products, and your team
Now that you have some ideas on what you can post on Instagram you’re probably thinking,
“How am I going to make sure I post something every day?” Unfortunately, scheduling tools like Sendible and Hootsuite don’t allow you to schedule your posts to Instagram!
However we’ve discovered a new tool that allows you to schedule all the post via desktop on the day and time in which you would like the post to go out, then you download the app to your phone and when the scheduled post is due to go out you will receive a notification to your phone and with a few clicks you can quickly post the image out without having to send all the images you need to your phone.
So, what is the tool? Later.com, The simpler way to plan your visual content marketing.
Click Here to Visit Later.com!
Give it a go and let us know what you think!
Have you got any tips for posting content to Instagram? Share them in the comments below!