We are now a few weeks into the New Year, and we’re all back into our business working routines. However, how have you got on with your goals and strategy for the year ahead? Have you got around to putting together your Social media strategy? A Social media strategy is a plan for developing your entire approach to using social media to boost your business. It will include what you’re trying to achieve over the next year, what platforms you will be posting on, and your content marketing calendar! It is the plan for how you want your business or brand to be perceived by audiences across all Social media platforms.
What to Consider When Developing a Social Media Strategy
When developing a Social media strategy, you must answer the following questions:
- What Social media platforms will you be using?
- What are your goals and key performance indicators?
- Who are you trying to reach and get your message in front of?
- What kind of content will you be sharing?
- How will you monitor and measure?
- How will your business be perceived?
Once you have answered these questions, then you can begin to create a Social media strategy.
How to Create a Social Media Strategy
How do you go about this? Some simple steps are outlined below.
- Set Goals: The first thing to do is define the Social media goals for your business for this New Year 2020! Your goals need to be realistic and easily attainable. They should also be in line with whatever Social media platform you intend to use. Your goals should be in line with increasing awareness for your business as well as, making it easy for potential customers to reach you. Your goals could include increasing the number of engagements, subscribers to your database, impressions and much more.
- Determine the type of audience: Whatever platform you decide to use, it will appeal to certain demographics more than others. Deciding on a particular demographic as your audience will also help influence the choices you’ll make when selecting a platform. However, ensure that whatever platform you pick, matches the target audience for your business or brand.
- Study your competition: With any business, you must know who your competition is. You will need to analyse what your competition are doing. This will help you know what to do differently, and how to set yourself apart from the crowd. Likewise, it will help understand some of the best approaches to reach your target customer
- Carefully Curate Your Content: Once you know your audience you can then decide on the kind of content you will be using to get them engaged. Different audiences require different kinds of content. The quality of your content will determine the results of your Social media strategy.
- Study your results: You need to always review your strategy. In doing so, you will know what’s working and what doesn’t work. It will help save time and make sure that you are getting the most from your Social media activities. Also, you will be able to make adjustments for better results.
There is no time to lose, you should set about creating your own Social media strategy now. It is essential to helping your business grow in this modern digital age. It is the best way to reach a larger customer base without having to pay huge sums of money to an advertising agency.
Check out our “Social Media in a Box”, this is the perfect resource to help you plan, organise and create your Social media in 2020! The perfect business toolkit for your Social media activities.
For more information on how to create an effective Social media strategy for your business, reach out to us and ask about Zoe’s Strategy Sessions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org